Saturday, January 8, 2011

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

 I found a wonderful recipe for Slow-Cooker-Pulled-Pork and had to just try it!

When I was looking at the different BBQ sauces at the store, I decided to try something new.  My husband found Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy and I said "sure, let's try it".  I was hoping that it wouldn't be too spicy since spicy foods and I do not get along.  ( I found that is was just right and not spicy hot.)

And it came out great!!




Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
4.5 pound shoulder cut
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy )
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted

1.  Place the pork in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours
2.  Remove the "juice" in the slow cooker.  Pull the pork apart (I used 2 forks).  Place the shredded pork and BBQ sauce in the slow cooker; mix together.  Cook for another hour.

This is definitely going to be something I will make again!!

Weight Watchers Points Plus:
Oops, I forget to figure the Weight Watchers Points Plus!  I will need to do that the next time I make this.

Notes for making next time
I couldn't really taste the root beer, so maybe try it with chicken broth.  Otherwise, WONDERFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment