Friday, January 21, 2011

Crock Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken

Food Blogs - I LOVE them!!  I didn't know they even really had them until a friend posted hers on Facebook.  Now, I'm hooked!!  I love to see what people are making and how they make it.  I love pictures with recipes too since I tend to eat with my eyes.  So when my friend posted her Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches on her blog, I knew that I was going to make them!

Before cooking anything, I tend to look out at the web to see the different options I have for the recipe.  I found these:
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Buffalo Sandwiches



Crock Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken
 (adapted from My Kitchen Escapades)
5 frozen Chicken Breasts
1 - 12 oz Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce
1/2 to 3/4 of package of dry ranch dressing mix

1.  Put chicken in the bottom of the crock pot.  Add dry ranch and hot sauce on top.  Cook for 5 hours on low.  Occasionally stir and turn the chicken breasts.
2.  Take only the chicken out of the crock pot and shred with 2 forks on a plate.  Place the shredded chicken back in the crock pot in the sauce.  Cook for another 2 hours on low.
3.  Use buns, rolls or a wrap to make your sandwich.  Add any toppings you would like...cheese or coleslaw.  We only added lettuce.




Weight Watchers Points Plus:
The entire recipe excluding the bun or wrap was a total of 20 Points Plus (Hot Sauce is FREE).  I made each serving size 1/2 cup that totals 8 servings.  That made each serving only 2 Points Plus!

Notes for making next time:
Very good but too spicy for me (but not my hubby).  Next time, put in some butter to cut down the hotness or decrease the amount of hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment