Monday, January 10, 2011

Simple Onion Turkey Loaf

I went to a group lunch with my co-workers and talked about the new Weight Watchers Points Plus program that I started around Thanksgiving time.  My one friend said that she had a wonderful meatloaf recipe that had low points (old points program).  I got excited!!  I love food that has low points so that I can eat more!

Right from the oven, here it is:


I also made some mashed potatoes.  The finished dish:

Simple Onion Turkey Loaf
(adapted from GreenLiteBites.com)
16 oz Extra Lean Ground Turkey (99% is best)
3/4 cup Quick Oats
1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
2 egg whites
1 Can French Onion Soup (like Progresso Soup)
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp Flour
Thin slice of onion for garnish on top of the loaf

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Mix the ground turkey, oatmeal, dry soup mix and egg whites together.  Form into a loaf and put into a 9x13 pan (or roasting pan).  Top with sliced onions.
3.  In a bowl, whisk the French Onion soup, Worcestershire sauce and flour.  Pour this over the loaf.
4.  Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for about an hour.  The internal temperature should be 160 degrees when finished.
5.  Once finished, use the French Onion soup mixture as gravy for mashed potatoes or noodles.


Weight Watcher Points Plus:
The entire recipe was a total of 25 Points Plus.  So I had 8 servings from my loaf.  Each serving was 3 Points Plus.

Notes for making next time
The dinner was okay but I found that I really don't like french onion soup (maybe it was a little to salty for me).  I don't think that I will be making this again but I really like GreenLiteBites.com since they have many, many recipes with pictures with Weight Watchers Points and the new Weight Watchers Points Plus program.  I hope you like this site also!

No comments:

Post a Comment