Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks

My sister was at the store and texted me to see if I wanted chicken legs because they were on sale.  I said okay and went seaching for a recipe that I could use.  I found 4 recipes that sounded good to me but wanted my husband to look through them to say which one he liked.  He liked 3 out of the 4 of them.  So I decided on this recipe since I had everything in the house at the time.

Sorry, I did not take many pictures but here is the finished product:

Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
(adapted from Allrecipes.com)
10 chicken drumsticks
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 Tb garlic powder
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
1/4 cup flour

1.  Parboil the chicken drumsticks.  (Please see **Note below on Parboil.)  Let them cool a little so that you can pick them up.
2.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3.  In a shallow bowl, mix together both cheeses, breadcrumbs and garlic powder.
4.  In a 2nd shallow bowl, pour in the Egg Beaters.
5.  In a 3rd shallow bowl, put the flour in it.
6.  Take a cookie sheet and put foil on it for easy clean up.  Spray foil with cooking spray so it will not stick.
7.  Now make an assembly line....
      Take your drumstick, roll it in the flour, then roll it in the Egg Beaters, then roll it in the cheese mixture.  Place on cookie sheet.  Do this for all the drumsticks.
8.  Bake for about 25-35 minutes (the time depends on how long you Parboil them).  If you do not Par boil the chicken drumsticks, cook for about 40-45 minutes or until brown.

**Note on Parboil:  I had no idea what that meant.  I found different explaitions but here is one:  How to parboil chicken.  I basically boiled the chicken for about 15-20 minutes so the oven time would be about 25-30 minutes.  I checked my digital therometer to make sure the drumsticks were done (mine said it should be 180 degrees F).

Weight Watchers Points Plus:
The entire recipe was a total of 43 Points Plus.  I had 10 drumsticks, so each drumstick was 4 Points Plus. ( I actually think it was less since I had about a 1/3 of the cheese mixture left over that I did not use).

Notes for making next time:
Very good!  Maybe only see how much of the mixture that I did not use to see if the Points Plus changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment