Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baked Jalapeno Poppers

So I wanted to make a couple of appetizers for my husband for the Superbowl.  He loves hot and spicy foods, so I thought that Jalapeno Poppers would be great.  I really like skinnytaste.com and Gina just posted  Skinny Baked Jalapeno Poppers.  Great timing!!  I used her exact recipe, so go to skinnytaste.com for step by step instructions with pictures!!

Now, when I made my Chili, I forgot to wear gloves but this time I remembered!

  Here's how mine turned out (Thanks Gina!!):

Baked Jalapeno Poppers
( from skinnytaste.com)
12 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
4.5 oz light cream cheese
5 medium scallions, green part only, sliced
2 oz shredded low fat sharp cheddar (Gina used Cabot 50%, I did not)
1/2 cup egg beaters or egg whites, beaten
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp chili powder
Salt and Black Pepper
Spray Oil

1.  Preheat oven to 350°. Wearing rubber gloves, cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane.
2.  Combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl
3.  Combine panko, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
4.  Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
5.  Dip peppers in egg beaters
6.  Place pepper in panko mixture, using a spoon to make sure all the seasoning doesn't fall to the bottom of the bowl
7.  Spray a baking pan with oil spray. I lined my pan with parchment for easier cleanup. Lightly spray the peppers with a little more oil spray
8.  Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and cheese oozes out
9.  Remove from oven and serve immediately. Serve hot

Weight Watchers Points Plus:
Since Gina already calculated the Points Plus, I did not have to (Thanks again)!  There are 24 servings and each serving is 2 Point Plus!

Notes for making next time:
These were great!  The only thing I would change would be to remove some of the membrane of the jalapeno so that it would not be too hot for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment