Friday, February 18, 2011

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

So I wanted something that was a gooey pasta creation this week and got it!  I'm not a big fan of Alfredo sauce - well, I'm not sure if I have ever really had it.  See, I know that it is suppose to be really good but also fattening.  So when I saw this healthier version, I decided to try it.  I think it was really good.

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
(adapted from campbellskitchen.com)
8 oz dry spaghetti
1 bag of Birds Eye Steamfresh Broccoli Cuts
1 lb cooked chicken breasts
1 can (10 3/4 oz ) Campbell's Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup Milk 2%
1/2 cup of reduced fat grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1.  Cook chicken breasts if need
2.  Cook spaghetti as directed on package and drain
3.  Cook broccoli as directed on package and drain
4.  Mix together soup, milk, cheese and pepper
5.  If chicken is not hot, heat up in a sauce pan.
6.  Add the rest of the ingredients in sauce pan.  Mix thoroughly together and cook until mixture is hot and bubbling.

Weight Watchers Points Plus:
The entire recipe was a total of 51 Points Plus.  I made each serving size 1 cup that totals 9 servings.  That made each serving 6 Points Plus.

Notes for making next time:
This was good but the miture was thicker than I thought it would be.  Maybe make it thinner by adding a litte more milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment