Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf

Never heard of Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf?  Me neither.  I was hungry for the meatloaf I make and also chicken parmesan.  I did a search on the web and found this wonderful combination of both!! 

I varied the indigents only since the weather was bad (didn't want to go out) and just used what I had in the house. 

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
(adapted from What's Cookin, Chicago?)
1 lb ground chicken
1/3 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu's Old World Traditional)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese made with 2% milk
parsley for garnish

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  I put foil on the bottom then cooking spray for easy clean up.
2.  In a separate bowl, mix the following together:  ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.

3.  In the 9x13 pan, form the meat into a loaf

4.  Pour spaghetti sauce over loaf

5.  Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Then top with cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.  If want, sprinkle with parsley.

Weight Watcher Points Plus:
The entire recipe was a total of 29 Points Plus.  So I had 6 servings from my loaf.  Each serving was 5 Points Plus.

Notes for making next time:
I DO NOT like ground chicken!  While my hubby did eat the rest of this, the ground chicken left a bad taste in my mouth.  I would like to try this with ground turkey or ground meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment