Friday, February 25, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

What to do with left over Bananas??  Well, I looked at different recipes and I was also in the mood for cookies.  I found Banana Cookies but I really didn't want to used nuts.  So I found some with Chocolate Chips!!  Yum!!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
( adapted from allrecipes.com)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 ripe bananas)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets.
2.  Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together.  (I do not have a sifter, so I added all together and whisked all together).  Then set aside.
3.  Cream the butter with the sugar (white and brown) until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Mix the mashed bananas.  Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared greased cookie sheets.
4.  Bake for 12-25 minutes.

After eating a couple, I decided to frost some of them.

Frosting
(adapted from landolakes.com - Glaze)
2 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons 2 % milk
1 & 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1.  Melt butter in pan over medium heat.  Add brown sugar and milk.  Cook until mixture is at a boil (1-2 minutes).
2.  Remove from heat.
3.  Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
4.  Beat until will mixed
5.  Cool slightly then frost cookies.

Weight Watchers Points Plus:
Cookies without frosting:  The entire recipe for the cookies only was a total of 142 Points Plus.  I made 45 cookies.  That made each cookie 3 Points Plus.

Frosting:  The entire recipe for only the frosting was a total of 27 Points Plus.  I frosted 16 cookies (that's 16 servings).  That made each serving 2 Points Plus.

Cookies with frosting:  Since I didn't frost all the cookies, I just decided to add the 2 together.  That made each cookie that was frosted 5 Points Plus.

Notes for making next time:
These are OK but I only like them with the frosting (hubby liked them without).

No comments:

Post a Comment